Recipe: Portobello Cheese and Canadian Bacon Breakfast Pizza
- 24 Portobello mushrooms
- 3 cups Canadian bacon, small dice
- 3 cups chopped tomato, well drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Steps / Directions
- Stem portobellos, reserving stem for later use. Brush with olive oil or melted butter as needed; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on sheet pan. Bake at 500°F until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes; cool.
- Layer 2 tablespoons bacon and 2 tablespoons tomato in Portobello caps; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Reserve.
- Bake Portobello cap in a 500°F oven until cheese is melted and mushroom is heated through, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.